Friday, June 25, 2010

AD GEEK

Hey to all!!!



I often call myself an amateur scribbler who has an eye for things. I write about things I see, things which leave an impact, images/ideas which excite me or which annoy me, innovations or concepts which I consider creative. Basically- anything which catches my eye. Our very existence is defined by needs, needs which are innate or primary- such as food, sleep, water, shelter and needs which are psychological or secondary which are an influence of external forces such as peer pressure, societal needs, status, advertisements, inducements, comfort.

Admit it or not – “Needs are never fully satisfied” “new needs emerge as old ones are satisfied”. It is this need which defines a market for sellers and buyers. A means to consumerism is advertisements, marketing – anything which understands consumer behavior and makes him or her spend money to fulfill his/her need.

I have always been fascinated by the world of ads, communication and marketing which entices and lures us into the hands of sellers, where we buy creams to get fair , grow hair – we will do and get anything which is packaged ideally. As a consumer, I would like in my blog to give the view of consumers on advertisements, campaigns , a forum to voice what we hate or what we like. I want consumers to be able to reach out and have their voices heard. Eventually, the market will be driven by what can sell rather than trying to sell what is already made.

It’s the time of consumers… Viva the revolution………..

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Had you not been a lady, and had it not been a typical indian thing to see every guy as "approaching"...i would have definitely superliked this one. Its so ME! I have always...always been swayed by the ad world - and this proverbial line "anything which catches my eye" so truly captures the way my mind looks at things - it just keeps on catching ideas which could be a great ad! LOL...this coming from a techie is strange but yes, kinda so true. Sorry for this long comment, but when a pretty creative mind gets emotional, it empties itself in these comment boxes :)

    ReplyDelete